Crain's Chicago Business and Redpoint Launch iPad App
About the app
Crain Chicago Business and Redpoint Technologies launched a new Crain's app for iPad, the first iPad app for the brand, atop a new unified publishing platform. Developed in partnership by Redpoint Technologies and the interactive digital team at Crain's, the powerful new app touts complete content from Crain's Chicago Business weekly print edition and breaking news from its website.
"We knew we wanted an iPad app that reflected the Crain's brand: exceptional quality, rich content delivered in a targeted, useful format that is forward-thinking and modern.
We selected Redpoint as our partner because of its deep roots in enterprise application development, user experience and mobile technology. We knew the Redpoint team would work exceptionally well with our digital staff and help bring our vision to life."
Interactive Capabilities of the Crain’s iPad App
- Automatic overnight updates deliver fresh content each morning
- Full offline functionality lets readers access Crain’s news anytime, anywhere
- Breaking news is refreshed hourly and continuously updated
- Extensive multimedia content includes galleries, slideshows, and video
- Readers can browse according to their preference by scanning headlines or reading full articles
- Navigation between publication sections is fast and easy
- Unique page-flipping technique allows users to browse page–by-page
- Crain’s famous business lists are specially formatted for tablet readability
- Portrait and landscape orientation modes accommodate user preferences
- The app integrates with all of Crain’s advertising partners so ads have full functionality
- Non-subscribers can sample free content upon download, then purchase a subscription via the App Store or at ChicagoBusiness.com
- Existing Crain’s subscribers can register to unlock full access to content
Redpoint ServicesRedpoint provides the following enterprise services:
Partner with Redpoint Technologies to bring your interactive project to life. Contact us at 312-756-1760 ext. 316 to arrange a meeting.
Apple and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.